Now in Byron, Georgia

Now in Byron, Georgia

We are now in Del Rio Texas

We are now in Del Rio Texas

Travel from Berea KY to Crawfordsville IN, Medical stuff, and a Birthday

Friday June 21, 2013

Sunday we packed up and got on the road for my hometown, Crawfordsville, Indiana.  The trip was uneventful traveling up through Louisville Kentucky.  Then between Louisville and Indianapolis we ran through heavy rain for about 90 minutes.  That was the most rain we have driven through with the rig so far.  It really wasn't bad, just got the rig dirty is all. We arrived safe and sound at Sugar Creek Campground in Crawfordsville IN at 3:30 pm.

Bridge crossing into Indiana from Louisville Kentucky

I was a little anxious to get my new replacement phone (last one drown at Disney World) which was sent to my son's house about 1 mile away.  So we got our site set up and then went to the grocery store for one of those store cooked chickens and some side dishes for dinner to eat at my son's house.  My new phone was there and waiting for me.  I got a RAZR HD Max on Verizon service as a replacement for my drowned Bionic.  I'm use to the Motorola UI (User Interface) and I prefer it over the Samsung UI that my wife has.  I got somewhat familiar with her S3 the past couple of weeks without having a phone.  I was very pleased that the UI  only changed for the better on the RAZR. 

Just a note about Verizon and replacement phones. I don't' know if this is true with all carriers, but Verizon requires that if you purchase your phone from a 3rd party like I did from Amazon I need to verify my account with Verizon.  Amazon does this by sending me a text or phone call to my old phone.  Since my phone was dead, that couldn't happen.  So the phone needed to be sent to my billing address which is in South Dakota.  If I purchased the phone from Verizon (for triple the price) I could have it overnighted to me at Disney World.  For a savings of $120 I decided to wait the 3 weeks.

Monday we were up by 6am so we could get to Lafayette IN 30 miles north for routine lab work and the first of our doctors appointments.  We set up our medical teams here because we know we will be in this area a minimum of 2 times a year.  So the next 10 days have many doctor appointments for us.  I also had the dreaded colonoscopy on Wednesday.  

Monday evening we went over to see the grandkids for a while.  We played a new game called Mad Gabs.  Difficult to explain this game, but in essence you try to decipher  sayings that sound like the words you're are given by the game cards.  When you guess the correct saying you win that round.  It was fun!

Tuesday I went out and purchased the prep stuff for my colonoscopy on Wednesday.  Yippee!  Then we went for a visit with my stepfather Leon and his wife Barbara.  They live just a little over 3 miles from the campground.  We had a nice visit catching up and made plans for lunch next week before we leave.  After the visit is was time for me to start the prep.  I decided that I just wanted to stay home the rest of the night and enjoy the prep in peace!

Wednesday was my big day but first we both had doctor appointments in the morning before my procedure in the afternoon.  With the morning appointments over I got my procedure done.  They found 4 polyps that they removed.  The good news is that the Dr wasn't worried about them, although they need to be checked.  The bad news is that I need to now be checked every 3 years now.  Oh well, what can you do, it is what it is!  Anyway, I can now get back to enjoying myself.

Wednesday evening we had the grandkids and their parents over to our site for a BBQ.  By 6 pm I could finally eat real food after going without for 2 days.  I was ready for a burger now!

Thursday is Patty's birthday.  Since it is Patty's day, she decided we would stay in Crawfordsville for the day and have a Girls Night Out (GNO) with the granddaughters.  It was actually a short afternoon to a party store to get stuff for a joint party for Savannah and Patty this evening.  We also brought the girls over to the campground to swim again in the creek.  

Livy and Savannah
Savannah, Livy and Bailey from left to right

Savannah and Bailey covering up Savannah in sand and water

Livy bringing up the water to put on the sand that is going on Savannah.  She is using a pool noodle to carry the water.
Close-up of the bat caves on the river bank across from where we were on the creek

Bat caves along Sugar Creek in the upper left

Savannah making herself artistic with the pool noodle in the sand.
After the swim we decided to go out to eat in celebration of Patty's birthday at a nice restaurant in town, the Iron Gate.  After dinner we went back to my son's house and set up for the after dinner party.  I took Livy and Bailey to the RV to make Patty's favorite cake which is fresh strawberries mixed up with torn up pieces of angel food cake and whipped cream.  I like this too! With the cake made, we all met back up for the party desert event at my son's house.

Bailey, Savannah, and Livy with new dresses for the night out for dinner




All of the girls dressed alike in Patty's dresses for the birthday dinner

Bailey having her order taken.  The waiter is very young and new at this, he  told us that the fettuccine was served on noodles

Tony and Livy

Me being artistic.  This is an old 1834 church with the full moon in the bell tower.  Saw this on our walk back from the restaurant.
Savannah with the hat

Livy had the job of tearing up the cake.

Bailey had the job of cutting up the strawberries. No fingers were lost!

The birthday desert party including the cat.  Note the hat on Savannah

We decided to have each of the girls one at a time for a sleepover at the RV.  It is a little much to have them all at the same time and it also gives us some one on one time with them.  Tonight it was Savannah's turn to sleepover.  We stayed up watching the Disney channel until a little before midnight, then lights out, time for some sleep.

Today, Friday, Patty has an MRI scheduled in the afternoon in Lafayette.  No other plans for today just yet.  Tonight is Bailey's turn to sleepover at the RV.  Tomorrow we travel 50 miles to the east to visit with my brother and sister in Acton IN.  We will spend the night at my brother's house and return to the RV on Sunday.

Stay tuned!


Phil and Rudee said...

spending time with the Grand Kids is fun and never gets old! Glad all the tests are coming back with good news.
Sugar Creek was a little higher when we were there in April. :-)
If you see a small brown fishing tackle box caught in the weeds grab it, mine got swept downstream in the flood. LOL

Have fun in Indiana,

Phil and Rudee

Tracy :) said...

Wow. I can't believe you gave Bailey a knife. I'm not even that brave. LOL :)