OK, this should be a short post this time. There are a few things that I thought would be worthy of a post now.
First, Patty’s aunt Carol is now in a hospice care facility and Patty has decided to fly up to Buffalo, NY to be with her mom Shirley (Carol is her mom’s younger sister) and family. Patty leaves this Thursday the 27th and will return a 10 days later. I’m sure there will be more on this in a future post.
Now, on to other more trivial items of interest.
We finally broke down and purchased a new grille. The old grille still works but has completely rusted through to the bottom of the grille. When I put it in the truck for travel it leaves chunks of itself all over the truck bed. The new one is a table top unit so we are using a table we already have (that we rarely use) to put it on. This grille is also fully stainless steel so hopefully it won’t rust out on us. The price was also right at just $99 at Lowes. The old grille is going into the yard sale that the resort does every year both in the clubhouse and out on the road in front. The proceeds go toward the entertainment expenses here.
|New Stainless Steel Grille with our first meal cooked on it. It did a really good job.|
|Entrance to the park.|
|One of the foot trails and part of our bike gang.|
|Another foot trail in the park.|
- We leave here, Edcouch TX, on the 28th of April and head to Colorado Springs, CO (1,100 miles)
- We will stop in Ingram TX for a few days to visit friends on the way
- Arrive in Colorado Springs on the 8th of May and stay for 2 weeks
- Leave Colorado Springs on May 22 and travel to Crawfordsville, IN (1,100 miles)
- Arrive Crawfordsville, IN on the 5th of June
- We will stay for 3 weeks at the Sugar Creek Campground (Reserved)
- Leave Crawfordsville, IN on the 26th of June and travel to Sunny Rest Resort in PA (685 miles)
- Arrive at Sunny Rest on July 2nd.
- We have a reserved site at Sunny Rest for a week (friend’s party time!)
- Leave Sunny Rest on July 9th and travel to Newtown Battlefield in Elmira, NY (168 miles)
- Arrive Elmira on the 9th and stay for 6 days (visit friends)
- Leave Elmira on the 14th and travel to Grand Island, NY (150 miles)
- Arrive Grand Island on the 14th and stay for 4 weeks (Patty’s Family and HS reunion)
- Leave Grand Island, NY on the August 11th and travel to Keyport, NJ (400 miles)
- Arrive Keyport, NJ on around the 15th of August and stay 4 weeks (Friends and Beach time!)
- Leave Keyport on or around September 12th and travel down the east coast of US to Savannah GA. (800 miles). We are planning around 7 weeks for this part of the travel. Stops right now include (This part of the plan is still under development somewhat):
o Baltimore, MD to visit friends and sight see
o Washington DC to sight see
o Ocean Isle Beach, NC visit friends
o Myrtle Beach, SC Golf
o Charleston, SC sight see
o Savannah, GA sight see
- Leave Savannah, GA around the 31st of October and travel back to South Texas for the winter (1,400 miles)
- We have around 3 weeks for this part of the travel, no real plans yet for this part but will most likely use I20 instead of I10 so we will visit other sights that we have not done before.
- We need to be in the Brownsville TX area by November 22nd so we can store the rig and fly up north for 3 weeks at the holidays.
- We are again reserved at the Natures Resort here in Elsa, TX from December 17, 2014 to April 18, 2015.
|Rosey really likes the weather we have been having. This is most blooms she has had this year. Her record is 6 blooms at once.|
That’s it for this post.